Application Forms and Procedures
The Initial Application and any supplementary documents are submitted via email to ACEC-Submissions All other applications to the Animal Care and Ethics Committee (ACEC) are made via eForms found within the Research Information Management System (RIMS).
Making a Submission to the ACEC through RIMS
- Log in to RIMS (we recommend using Mozilla Firefox)
- Open the "My Animal Use" module on the left menu to create a new submission or find an existing protocol to vary.
- Detailed help documentation can be found within RIMS via the built in "Help-Dev" menu option.
For advice on the type of application to submit, or problems associated with completing the submission please contact Kim Hughes via email or phone on (02) 492 16377.
Please visit the RIMS support pages for more information on RIMS.
Supplement Document and Standard Operating Procedures
Applications for New Approval
Initial Applications are submitted via email to ACEC-Submissions
For a RESEARCH Project
For a TEACHING Project
Research conducted in the FIELD or WILDLIFE SURVEYS
For establishment of a BREEDING COLONY OF GM ANIMALS at the University of Newcastle
Applications for a Continuing Project or a Progress Report/Renewal Application
Annual Progress Report/Renewal Application
Applications for Amendments to Projects with CURRENT Approval
Minor Amendment to the approved protocol
Other Documents, Guidelines and Forms
Documents and guidelines to assist with completion of application forms
- Checklist - Impacts on animal welfare (DOC 30 KB)
- Classification Definitions (DOC 46 KB)
- Links to information regarding animal well-being monitoring checklists
- Payment Details Form (DOC 38 KB) - To accompany applications from researchers and teachers not associated with the University of Newcastle or HNE Area Health Service.
- RIMS eForm - To be submitted when a project is completed or discontinued
- RIMS eForm - To notify the ACEC of adverse/unexpected events
Reports to the ACEC
- RIMS e-Form - Report to the ACEC e.g. response to project inspections, progress report for pilot study. etc.