Obtaining approval for animal research
All researchers at the University of Newcastle must obtain approval from the Animal Care and Ethic Committee (ACEC) prior to the use of animals for research or teaching purposes.
This section of the website will assist you in preparing and submitting your animal ethics application with the following resources:
- Information on obtaining approval
- Application Forms and Procedures
- ACEC Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines
- Supplement Document and Standard Operating Procedures
- 3Rs - Alternatives to Animal Use
- Collaborative Research
- Linking Funding
- Peer Review
- Ethics and Safety for research students
If you require further assistance, please download the Contact Guide: Support for Researchers Using Animals (PDF 114KB) that contains the contact details of staff that can assist you with questions about animal based research.