Benefits of partnership
We offer our research partners access to our world-class resources and research expertise with financial support through government incentives and funding schemes such as the Australian Research Council Linkage Projects scheme and R&D Tax Incentive.
The team at Newcastle Innovation can assist you in establishing new partnerships at the University of Newcastle.
The team can:
- arrange introductions with UON researchers with the research capabilities to match your business objectives
- facilitate access to our world-class research facilities
- give advice on how to leverage potential government funding
- enable efficient contract negotiations and completions.
R&D Tax Incentive
The University of Newcastle is a registered Research Service Provider (RSP) and partner organisations may be eligible for the R&D Tax Incentive available through the Australian Taxation Office and Aus-Industry. It is advised that companies seek their own taxation advice concerning this program.
The Australian Research Council Linkage Projects Scheme
The Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Projects scheme provides support for collaborative research and development projects between higher education organisations and industry that aim to acquire new knowledge through innovation. For eligible projects the Council will award grants in the range of $50,000 to $300,000 per annum.
Who can be a partner?
- private sector organisations, both industry and not for profit
- most state, territory and commonwealth government departments and organisations.
How will your organisation benefit?
- leverage up to four times your cash contribution in commonwealth funds
- develop links with one of Australia's leading research universities through direct collaboration
- access opportunities to recruit our outstanding research scholars
- access to research and development tax concessions
What will be required of your organisation if you become a partner?
- a minimum cash contribution of 25 per cent of ARC funds for the project
- total cash plus in-kind contributions equal to ARC funds
- active participation in the project
- a written research agreement with the University that outlines roles, contributions and intellectual property arrangements
For further information contact the Newcastle Innovation team.