Royal Newcastle Hospital Heritage Dr Chris McCaffrey HDR Scholarship Equity and Quality of Healthcare in an Australian Context
Closing Date: 27 April 2020
The main purpose of the Royal Newcastle Hospital Heritage Dr Chris McCaffrey HDR Scholarship is to continue the tradition of Royal Newcastle Hospital in Equity in Healthcare and to assist students undertaking PhD studies focusing on research that promotes ‘Equity in Healthcare’.
The tradition is summed in the following principles, values and ideals for equity and quality in healthcare:
- The patient’s welfare is the prime consideration
- There must be a critical, questioning approach to healthcare
- Healthcare should be cost effective
- Healthcare should be safe and efficient
- There must be a genuine concern for the welfare of all staff
PhD Scholarship details
Funding: $28,092 per annum (2020 rate) indexed annually. For a PhD candidate, the living allowance scholarship is for 3.5 years and the tuition fee scholarship is for four years. Scholarships also include up to $1,500 relocation allowance.
Supervisor: not applicable
Available to: Domestic students
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you will:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident;
- Be interested in studying a PhD in a Faculty of Health and Medicine program at the University of Newcastle;
- Not be a current Higher Degree by Research candidate;
- Meet the admissions criteria for entry into a UON PhD program;
- Not hold another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently; and
- Submit the Expression of Interest application and required documentation no later than the application closing date.
Please also review the Royal Newcastle Hospital Heritage Dr Chris McCaffrey HDR Scholarship conditions document.
Applicants will be required to send an email expressing interest to the contact person by the application close. Your application must include the following required documents:
- A completed Royal Newcastle Hospital Heritage Dr Chris McCaffrey HDR Scholarship Expression of Interest form;
- Copies of your Higher Education qualification transcripts and completion certificates.
Any applicant that does not submit the required documentation above, by the application close will not be considered for selection.
Please send the email expressing interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 27 April 2020.
Applications Close 27 April 2020
|Phone||+61 2 4921 5603|
PhD and Research MastersFind out more