PHD Opportunity - Various topics in health behaviour as detailed under research outline
Tuesday, 24 October 2017
The Health Behaviour Research Collaborative, part of the Priority Research Centre for Health Behaviour at the University of Newcastle, in collaboration with Hunter Medical Research Institute has a scholarship opportunity for a research student to study various topics in health behaviour.
The Collaborative is seeking expressions of interest for Research Higher Degree candidates to work within the following programs of work:
- Testing of programs and strategies to address key concerns and challenges faced by people with dementia and their carers
- Improving the quality of cancer care
- Improving quality of life among stroke survivors and their support persons
- Depression care in the primary care setting
- Addressing multiple preventive care risk factors in the primary care setting
- Aged Care
- Paediatric rheumatology
Key researchers and potential supervisors in the collaborative include: Prof Rob Sanson-Fisher (Director), Dr Jamie Bryant, Dr Allison Boyes, A/Prof Mariko Carey, Dr. Andrea Coda , Dr Sophie Dilworth, Dr Megan Freund, Dr Elise Mansfield, Dr Lisa Mackenzie, and Dr Amy Waller.
Scholarships cover full tuition and a living allowance of (stipend). The value of the scholarship stipend is $26,682 per annum tax free in 2017 indexed on 1st January each year. The scholarship will be paid fortnightly for a period of 3.5 years.
For general eligibility criteria please see: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/research-and-innovation/graduate-research/phd-and-research-degrees/eligibility
The positions would suit applicants with training in behavioural science, medicine, nursing, allied health, psychology, or epidemiology.
If you are interested in pursuing a Higher Degree by Research in any of the specified areas, please send the following to Heidi.Turon@newcastle.edu.au by 24th November 2017.
- a copy of your CV, including your GPA and any publications;
- evidence of any qualifications relevant to meeting the eligibility criteria (e.g. Bachelor degree with honours or equivalent)
- a one page research proposal in alignment with at least one of the study areas
- any other documents which would support your application (e.g. awards)
Contact: Dr Heidi Turon
Ph: +61 2 4042 0694