Ikara-Flinders Ranges Challenge PhD Indigenous Scholarships. Three scholarships each to the value of $10,000 will be awarded to Indigenous PhD candidates.
Closing Date: 17 March 2020
The University of Newcastle’s 2019 fundraising challenge, the Ikara-Flinders Ranges Challenge, involved 25 volunteer trekkers from the University’s alumni, staff and community trekking more than 100kms of the Ikara-Flinders Ranges over five days. All funds raised through the Challenge supports Indigenous students through scholarships and Indigenous communities through health research.
The funds raised from the Ikara-Flinders Ranges Challenge have supported the establishment of three scholarships each to the value of $10,000 that will be awarded to Indigenous PhD candidates and support the recipients with the progression of their research. The scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria outlined below and must submit the required documentation by the application closing date.
PhD Scholarship details
Funding: This scholarship provides a benefit of $10,000 to be paid as a lump sum.
Supervisor: Applicants already have supervisors for their Higher Degree by Research degree. A new supervisor will not be assigned if successful for this scholarship.
Available to: Domestic students
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you will need to:
- Be enrolled in a PhD degree at the University of Newcastle;
- Have successfully completed confirmation by the application closing date;
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community;
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently;
- Must submit application and required documentation no later than the application closing date.
Interested applicants must complete an Ikara-Flinders Ranges Challenge PhD Indigenous Scholarship Application Form and provide the other required documentation with your application form.
- Completed Ikara-Flinders Ranges Challenge PhD Indigenous Scholarship Application Form;
- Confirmation of Aboriginality (Common Seal) and a written reference made by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community member who knows you in the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community;
- A Curriculum Vitae
Please refer to the Ikara-Flinders Ranges Challenge PhD Indigenous Scholarship Conditions prior to submitting your application.
Please send the email expressing interest to email@example.com by 5pm on 17 March 2020.
Applications Close 17 March 2020
|Contact||UON Graduate Research Business Partner: Beti Georgievski|
|Phone||+61 2 4921 6537|
PhD and Research MastersFind out more