VIED Scholarship (Vietnam)
The Future Students webpages will direct you to information for all Higher Degree by Research applicants. While some of this information will apply to you, additional Vietnam International Education Development Scholarship (VIED) speciﬁc information is below.
UON has a partnership agreement with VIED of the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET). The full scholarship covers the HDR candidates’ tuition fees and living expenses for the full duration of up to three and a half year PhD program. VIED sponsored PhD candidates at UON are highly valued by the University and recognised as being high achievers.
UON is a research-intensive university which has a vibrant research culture and registers on the global stage through collaboration with research peers, industry, government and the community. Our research centres bring together our top researchers and promote cross-faculty and cross-disciplinary research to achieve research outcomes that have signiﬁcant impact on society - nationally and internationally.
The next steps:
- Apply to VIED and if successful, obtain a letter proof of your successful application and VIED support.
- Search our Find a Supervisor webpage for UON academics in your area of interest that are available and willing to be your nominated supervisor in the application
- Discuss your ideas with the potential supervisor at the University of Newcastle and develop a research proposal. Our research proposal template may be useful as a guide.
- Once a potential supervisor at UON has been identified, register and apply for admission online.
You will need the following documents and information as part of your application submission:
- Official translations in English of your Bachelor degree/s including transcripts
- Official translations in English of your Master's degree/s including transcripts if applicable
- Your IELTS or TOEFL test results if applicable
- Your curriculum vitae
- Evidence of any publications you have authored
- Your research proposal
- The name of your potential supervisor/s at the University of Newcastle
- Please include "VIED" at the scholarship and “Priority Assessment Code” question so that we can fast track your application.
To assist you through the application process, please see our Guide to Submitting an Application.
If you have any questions, UON Graduate Research would be pleased to assist you. Please email us at: email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to Newcastle.