What teachers say about QTR
Research opportunities for schools
1. Impact of QTR on student outcomes (2020)
Eligible schools: NSW primary and central schools, with four teachers willing to participate (at least one of whom is on Stage 2 and new to QTR), can include networks of schools.
Funding for teacher release: $10K-$20K depending on random group allocation
2. Impact of QTR digital (2020) – supporting small and remote schools
Conducted entirely online, the successfully pilot tested QTR Digital connects teachers from any location in Australia to participate in QTR.
Eligible schools: Small schools (less than 8 teachers) or rural/remote schools, with one or two teachers willing to participate (Stages 2 – 5 and must be new to QTR), stable internet required.
Funding for teacher release: $3K per teacherWhich study is right for you? Find out here
Quality Teaching Rounds (QTR) is a form of professional development with demonstrated positive effects on the quality of teaching, teacher morale and school culture. Current research is investigating, under rigorous conditions, the impact of QTR on student outcomes.
- Over the next four years, Quality Teaching Rounds (QTR) professional development will be brought to more than 34,000 teachers across Australia.
- Two-day QTR workshops can be provided face-to-face or online and tailored to your school/community of schools, in addition to our scheduled series of workshops.
- Workshops are currently scheduled throughout NSW, with two free places per school for NSW Department of Education teachers and leaders.