The Centre for Research, Training and Impact (SORTI), The University of Newcastle, is excited to announce the Second Biennial Doctoral Education, Assessment, and Learning (DEAL) Colloquium.
This free event over two days, presents an opportunity to discuss doctoral education, higher order learning and its impacts, informed by the research and insights of leading scholars in the field. The sessions will be of interest to those involved in educating and developing researchers and building capacity for research in university and in professional life.
Colloquium themes include:
- Theme 1: Science Doctorates
- Theme 2: Beyond the degree
- Theme 3: emotion
- Theme 4: Individual differences
- Theme 5: Examination feedback
- Invited candidate papers; 'Constructing' the research environment
- Professor David Feldon, University of Utah: The butler didn’t do it: Looking beyond the usual suspects in understanding doctoral success
- Professor Lynn McAlpine, University of Oxford, UK: Could the PhD play a role in addressing global challenges? If so, how might we do it?
See DEAL Colloquium Program for details and to register for sessions