Dr Anna Giacomini
Selected publications are available for download in PDF format below.
- Giani GP, Giacomini A, Migliazza M, Segalini A (2004) Experimental and Theoretical studies to improve rockfall analysis and protection work design. Rock Mechanics & Rock Engineering. 37 (5), 369–389. (PDF 954KB)
- Giani GP, Giacomini A, Migliazza M, Segalini A (2005) Metodologia progettuale per la scelta e il dimensionamento di opere di difesa da caduta di massi. GEAM – Monographic review – Studi e interventi su fenomeni di caduta massi. 114, 7–22.
- Giacomini A, Buzzi O, Giani GP, Migliazza M, Ferrero AM (2008) Numerical study of the flow anisotropy within a single natural rock joint. Int. J. Rock. Mech. & Min Sci. 45(1), 47-58 . (PDF 1813KB)
- Buzzi O, Pedroso D, Giacomini A (2008) Caveats on the implementation of the Generalized Material Point Method. Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, 31(2), 85-106. (PDF 3.1MB)
- Giacomini A, Buzzi O, Renard B, Giani GP (2009) Experimental studies on fragmentation of rock falls on impact with rock surfaces. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Science. 46(4), 708-715. (PDF 1.01 MB)
- Lambert C, Buzzi O, Giacomini A (2010) Influence of calcium leaching on the mechanical behavior of a rock mortar interface: a DEM analysis. Computers and Geotechnics, 37, 258-266. (PDF 1.3 MB)
- Buzzi O, Giacomini A, Fityus S (2011) Towards a dimensionless description of soil swelling behaviour. Geotechnique, 61(3), March 2011, 271-277. (PDF 123 KB)
- Fityus S, Giacomini A, Buzzi O (2011) Rockfall phenomena in Eastern Australia. Submitted to Geomorphology. Manuscript Number: GEOMOR-2743.
- Fityus S, Giacomini A, Spadari M, Buzzi O (2011) The significance of geology for the morphology of potentially unstable rocks. Submitted to Engineering Geology on the 01/06/2011. Manuscript Number: ENGE0412.
- Spadari M, Giacomini A, Buzzi O, Hambleton J (2011) Prediction of the bullet effect for rockfall barriers: a scaling approach. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, 45(2), 131-166.
- Buzzi O, Giacomini A, Spadari, M (2012) Laboratory investigation on high values of restitution coefficients. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. DOI: 10.1007/s00603-011-0183-0. (PDF 1.92MB)
- Spadari M, Giacomini A, Buzzi O, Fityus S, Giani GP (2012) In situ rock fall testing in New South Wales, Australia. Accepted to International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Science on the 19/04/2011. DOI:10.1016/j.ijrmms.2011.11.013. (PDF841.75 KB)
- Lambert C, Thoeni K, Giacomini A, Casagrande D, Sloan SW (2012) Rockfall hazard analysis from discrete fracture network modelling with finite persistence discontinuities. Rock Eng: RMRE-D-12-00052 (in Press).
- Giacomini A, Thoeni K, Lambert C, Booth S, Sloan SW (2012) Experimental study on rockfall drapery systems for open pit highwalls. International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences 56(2012) 171–181.
- Buzzi O, Spadari M, Giacomini A, Fityus S, Sloan SW (2012) Experimental testing of rockfall barriers designed for the low range of impact energy. Accepted for publication in Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering.
- Spadari M, Kardani M, De Carteret R, Buzzi O, Giacomini A, Fityus S, Sloan SW (2012) Statistical evaluation of rockfall energy ranges for different geological environments of New South Wales, Australia. Submitted to Engineering Geology 2012.
- Thoeni K, Giacomini A, Lambert C, Sloan SW (2012) Discrete modelling of hexagonal wire meshes with random variation of the contact law. Submitted to Computers and Geotechnics 2012.
- Giacomini A, Lambert C, Thoeni K. Improved management of the rockfall hazard at the base of the highwalls. ACARP report C19026; 2012.
Copyright of the papers rests with a variety of different parties. They are made available solely on the same basis that the researcher would supply a single copy of a paper to an individual. It is up to you to ensure that your use of a paper does not infringe copyright law.