Associate Professor Andrew Abbo
Selected publications are available for download in PDF format below.
Abbo AJ (1997) Finite Element Algorithms for Elastoplasticity and Consolidation. (PDF 1440KB)
- Abbo AJ, Sloan SW (1995) A smooth hyperbolic approximation to the Mohr-Coulomb yield criterion, Computers and Structures,54(3), 427-441. (PDF 919KB)
- Abbo AJ, Sloan SW (1996) An automatic load stepping algorithm with error control, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 39(10), 1737-1759. (PDF 1256KB)
- Sloan SW, Abbo AJ (1999) Biot consolidation analysis with automatic time stepping and error control. Part 1: Theory and implementation, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 23(6), 467-492. (PDF 196KB)
- Sloan SW, Abbo AJ (1999) Biot consolidation analysis with automatic time stepping and error control. Part 2: Applications, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 23(6), 493-529. (PDF 551KB)
- Sloan SW, Sheng DC, Abbo AJ (2000) Accelerated initial stiffness schemes for elastoplasticity, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 24(6), 579-599. (PDF 178KB)
- Sloan SW, Abbo AJ, Sheng DC (2001) Refined explicit integration of elastoplastic models with automatic error control, Engineering Computations, 18(1/2), 121-154.(PDF 593KB) Erratum: Engineering Computations, 19(5/6), 594-594, 2002 (PDF 302KB)
- Sheng DC, Sloan SW, Abbo AJ (2002) An automatic Newton-Raphson scheme, International Journal of Geomechanics, 2(4), 471-502. (PDF 3750KB)
- Fischer KA, Sheng D, Abbo AJ (2007) Modelling of pile installation using contact mechanics and quadratic elements, Computers and Geotechnics, 34(6), 449-461 (PDF 1387KB)
- Sheng D, Pedroso DM, Abbo AJ (2008) Non-convexity and stress path dependency of unsaturated soil models, Computational Mechanics. 42, 685-694 (PDF 1.64MB)
- Yamamoto K, Lyamin AV, Abbo AJ, Sloan SW, Hira M (2009) Bearing capacity and failure mechanism of different types of foundations on sand, Soils and Foundations, 49(2), 305-314. (PDF 8.46MB)
- Yamamoto K, Lyamin AV, Wilson DW, Sloan SW, Abbo AJ (2011). Stability of a circular tunnel in cohesive-frictional soil subjected to surcharge loading, Computers and Geotechnics, 38(4), 504-514. (PDF 1.9MB)
- Abbo AJ, Lyamin AV, Sloan SW, Hambleton JP (2011). A C2 continuous approximation to the Mohr–Coulomb yield surface, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 48(21), 3001-3010. (PDF 717KB)
- Wilson DW, Abbo AJ, Sloan SW, Lyamin AV (2011) Undrained stability of a circular tunnel where the shear strength increases linearly with depth, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 48(9), 1328-1342. (PDF 5.12MB)
- Yamamoto K, Lyamin AV, Wilson DW, Sloan SW, Abbo AJ (2011) Stability of a single tunnel in cohesive-frictional soil subjected to surcharge loading, Canadian Geotechnical Journal,48, 1841-1854. (PDF 1.18MB)
- Wang SY, Sloan SW, Abbo AJ, Masia MJ, Tang CA (2012) Numericalsimulation of the failure process of unreinforced masonry walls due to concentrated static and dynamic loading, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 49(2):377-394. (PDF 2.94MB)
- Wilson DW, Abbo AJ, Sloan SW and Lyamin AV (2012) Undrained Stability of a Square Tunnel where the Shear Strength Increases Linearly with Depth, Computers and Geotechnics. (Publisher Link)
- Kardani M, Nazem M, Abbo A , Sheng D, Sloan SW (2012) Refined h-adaptive finite element procedure for large deformation geotechnical problems, Computational Mechanics, 49 21-33.
Selected Conference Paper
- Abbo AJ, Fityus SG and Mackenzie S 'Dunmore Bridge Case Study: An introduction to Geotechnical Engineering via Finite Element Analysis', Shaking the Foundations of Geotechnical Engineering Education, Galway, Ireland, July 4-6, 2012 (PDF 324KB)
Copyright of the papers rests with a variety of different parties. They are made available solely on the same basis that the researcher would supply a single copy of a paper to an individual. It is up to you to ensure that your use of a paper does not infringe copyright law.