- Global leadership in research
- World-class innovation
- A research career at UON
- Research Degrees
Institutes and centres
- Newcastle Innovation
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources
- Chemical Biology and Clinical Pharmacology
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Digestive Health and Neurogastroenterology
- Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- Bioinformatics, Biomarker Discovery and Information-Based Medicine
- Brain and Mental Health Research
- Cardiovascular Health
- Cancer Research, Innovation and Translation
- Generational Health and Ageing
- Grow Up Well
- Health Behaviour
- Healthy Lungs
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Stroke and Brain Injury
- Advanced Fluids and Interfaces
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Frontier Energy Technologies & Utilisation
- Organic Electronics
- Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Training Centre for Food and Beverage Supply Chain Optimisation
- Research Hub for Advanced Technologies for Australian Iron Ore
- Centre of Excellence in Severe Asthma
- Centre of Research Excellence (CRE) for Venom and Antivenom
- Cancer treatment
- Contamination Assessment and Remediation of the Environment
- Invasive Animals CRC
- Young and Well CRC
- Australia-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement
- Clinical Nutrition Research Centre
- Centre for 21st Century Humanities
- Balanced Land Use
- Bulk Solids and Particulate Technologies
- Hunter Creative Industries and Technology
- Environmental Remediation (GCER)
- Excellence for Equity in Higher Education
- Family Action Centre (FAC)
- Frontier Energy Technologies
- Frontier Geoscience (IFG)
- Full Employment and Equity
- Health Professional Education
- History of Violence
- Infrastructure Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Electricity Networks
- Interdisciplinary Built Environment Research
- Ironmaking Materials Research
- Mass and Thermal Transport in Engineering Materials
- Multiphase Processes
- Optimal Planning and Operations
- Plant Science
- Purai - Global Indigenous and Diaspora Research
- Resources Health and Safety
- Rural and Remote Mental Health
- Signal Processing Microelectronics
- Social Research and Regional Futures
- Space Physics
- Special Education and Disability Studies
- Study of Research Training and Impact - SORTI
- Teachers and Teaching
- Tom Farrell Institute for the Environment
- Umulliko Indigenous Higher Education Centre
- Urban and Regional Studies
- Water, Climate and Land-use
- Business and Law Research
- Education and Arts Research
- Engineering and Built Environment Research
- Health and Medicine Research
- Science and IT Research
Newcastle University Evidence-Based Nutrition and Dietetics
NUEBaND is a collaboration that is designed to build the capacity and hence research capacity of the academic and conjoint staff of the University of Newcastle. In Nutrition and Dietetics this is done through collaboration amongst our University community and outreach to the professional practising community, unifying and moving forward.
NUEBaND has 4 key priority research areas:
- Research capacity building for nutrition and dietetics
- Food Frequency Questions (FFQ) and related data from The Australian Longitudinal Study for Womens Health (ALSWH)
- Undertaking systematic reviews to contribute to the evidence base
- Obesity in women and children
- Academic staff
- Nutrition and dietetics practising community
- Priority Research Centres aligned with NUEBaND:
A PhD / MPhil scholarship is available for a student to investig...
PhD Scholarship - Elucidating and targeting genomic and epigenetic changes in the development and progression of lung cancer
A PhD scholarship is available for a student to investigate Elucidating and...
Hunter researchers have discovered a protein that induces both stiffening a...
A PhD scholarship is available for a student to investigate cellular and mo...
HMRI nutrition researchers at the University of Newcastle (UON) have found ...
The 9th International Conference on Environmental Catalysis (ICEC) will be ...
Join us as Dr Stephen Dann presents "Audience-Led Research and Action for E...
New Directions in Film-Architecture is a two-day symposium, which will be h...
The Hunter Valley Electric Vehicle Festival 'EVFest' is all about thinking ...
The Applied Informatics Research (AIR) Group at the University of Newcastle...
Laureate Professor Foster's research focuses on understanding the molecular and cellular basis of asthma, allergy, respiratory disorders,...