During the 25th birthday celebration in 2011 of the Family Action Centre, patron Geraldine Doogue made the following statement:
"I'm very proud to be a patron of the Family Action Centre because it embodies a blend of practical action plus ongoing enquiry that I think is the best of Australian pragmatism. It also puts the Health of our communities right up there with other more publicised issues, like economics and politics, and says, 'we accord this the highest priority.'"
The Family Action Centre is privileged to work with, contribute to and be supported by many groups.
The following list of external partners-some local, some interstate and some international –are our major partners in 2014.
- Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth (ARACY)
- Benevolent Society (NSW)
- Berry Street
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance (NSW)
- Department of Social Services (Australia)
- Family Support Services Inc. (NSW)
- Interrelate Family Centres Inc
- LeapFrog ability
- NSW Department of Family & Community Services
- NSW Department of Education & Communities
- NSW Institute of Psychiatry
- Schools as Community Centres (Hunter)
- South China Normal University, China
- Steve Waugh Foundation Inc. (Australia)
- The Smith Family
- The TATA Institute of Social Sciences, India
- The University of Nebraska Lincoln, USA