Community Connect coordinates student placements and volunteering opportunities for students from a wide range of disciplines to work collaboratively with various community programs and events in Mayfield, Cessnock, San Remo, and Raymond Terrace.
The Community Connect program supports and encourages learning and education, and strives to raise the awareness of careers and career pathways amongst young people and their families.
Why volunteer with Community Connect?
- Work on projects that are innovative and designed to broaden your understanding of the role your discipline can play within the community
- Our team will support, troubleshoot, guide and assist you throughout your placement
- Learn how to work in community from a strengths based perspective
- Develop useful and practical skills
- Support the University in its aim to achieve educational aspiration in various communities
- Achieve extracurricular experience
- Broaden your resume/ network/ experiences
- Try something new