Community Connect aims to connect with the assets and strengths within your community. We are keen to develop community led projects that involve university students who want to extend their skills and capacities. We aim to develop projects through collaborative processes that start with you.
We will work together with academics and students to develop and implement your ideas. The students involved will be on course placements or will be volunteers.'
We aim to generate passion & interest for your community. We support UON students to gain valuable experience in a professional environment and consider their future career pathways.
What we can do for you:
- Build on your expertise to create new opportunities and value add to what you already do.
- Help you try something new.
- Support you to explore projects and figure out what might be possible.
- Serve as a link between the university and you.
- Our team has a range of skills and expertise from working within the university and community sectors to help you to develop your projects.
- Bring an innovative and alternative approach to projects and their development that are designed to extend your existing strengths.
- Provide access to a variety of disciplines including allied health, creative arts, business, social sciences, IT, media & communications.
- Guide projects in ways that ensure consistency with course learning objectives and your project needs.
- Set clear expectations for all students to operate in strengths based and respectful ways.
- Supports students to develop skills that may be useful to you e.g. grant writing or program development skills.
- Trouble shoot project problems.
We invite you to consider the things that you would like to do, but that you haven't had the time or the resources to develop. We can't promise to do everything! But we hope to support you to take a step to build on what you already do so well. This might mean considering projects that will maximise what you already do or propose ideas that will create new possibilities.