Resources for renters
|A project of the Centre for Urban and Regional Studies, University of Newcastle funded by the National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility|
Below are external links to resources for tenants on living more sustainably and adapting to the impacts of climate change. Click the links to access.
- Sustainable Gardening Australia and Footprint Flicks 'How to' guides: Information on compositing, gardening for renters, mulching, growing food and worms
- Sustainable tip of the week 1-6: For informtion on reducing waste, water and food miles, upcycling and green cleaning, check out this series of clips
- How to reduce your energy bills: For more information on reducing energy use, by Sprout "Power House"
- Sustaining Rental Life Episodes 1-11: Watch our own Sustaining Rental life YouTube clips
- Tips for sustainable living: Newcastle City Council
- Sustainable Neighbourhoods Program: a Lake Macquarie City Council program that supports communities to reduce their ecological footprint.
- Sustainable Neighbourhood guide: a Lake Macquarie City Council guide
- Nature Conservation Council of NSW Sustainable Renters Guide: A sustainable renters guide produced for NSW tenants
- Save Power NSW: Information on rebates, resources and assistance on how to save power
- Love food hate waste: For information including recipes, menus and advice on how to reduce waste in your home
- Housing NSW 'Welcome to your home brochure': provides energy and water saving tips
Other Australian guides and resources
- Alternative Technology Association Sustainable Renters Guide: Advice on how to reduce energy and water use, reduce waste and live more sustainably
- The Victorian Green Renters' Guide: Sustainable living tips for renters
- Living Greener: Advice on state and national government rebates and assistance
- One Degree:Calculate your carbon footprint to see what you can do to lessen your environmental impact
- Green living for renters: G Magazine issue #26, May/June 2010
- Things you can do right now (no need to speak to your landlord first): guide by Environment Victoria
- Just Change helps landlords, tenants and housing managers with information on climate change and energy efficiency
- Green Renters provides tips and workshops on sustainable practices for renters