The Priority Research Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition (PRCPAN) Director and Principal Investigators are assisted by an Advisory Committee and a Research Management Committee to manage the Centre.
The Advisory Committee comprises independent external members from industry, government agencies, and academia, in addition to the PRC Theme Leaders. The Advisory Committee meets annually.
Industry, Business and Community Representatives:
- Mr Phil Williams, Business Manager of the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service
- Emeritus Professor Maree Gleeson, Faculty of Health & Medicine
- Mr Ross Morrison, Leader of School Sport Unit, NSW Department of Education and Communities
Priority Research Centre Theme Leaders:
- Professor Ron Plotnikoff, Director and Theme Leader
- Professor Clare Collins, Deputy Director and Theme Leader
- Professor Philip Morgan, Deputy Director and Theme Leader
- Professor Manohar Garg, Theme Leader
- Professor Robin Callister, Theme Leader
- Professor David Lubans, Theme Leader
Research Management Committee:
The Research Management Committee ensures the Centre's vision and objectives are achievable within defined time lines.
Representatives whom sit on the Committee are the:
Director: Prof. Ron Plotnikoff
Deputy Directors: Prof. Clare Collins, Prof. Philip Morgan
Theme Leaders: Prof. Robin Callister, Prof. Manohar Garg, Prof. David Lubans (in addition to the Director and Co-Directors)
Centre Coordinator: Mr Wayne Durand
The Committee is responsible for overseeing the budget, it also advises on research directions and monitors the progress of each research theme, as well as:
- identifying sources of project and infrastructure funding
- monitoring co-ordination of resources across research areas
- developing processes for enhancing the quality of grant submissions (including peer-review and support processes to maximise submission quality)
- developing processes for fostering local, national and international collaborations in research and in the translation and/or dissemination of research knowledge
The Committee meets quarterly and is guided by the PRC for Physical Activity and Nutrition Advisory Committee, who has the responsibility to promote and support the PRC.
Deputy Theme Leaders
The PRC Theme Leaders are dedicated to mentoring emerging research leaders within the Centre. These researchers support the activities of each PRC Theme and regularly meet with their Theme Leader to discuss strategic directions.
Physical Activity and Population Health: Associate Professor Mitch Duncan
Obesity: Dr Myles Young
Nutrition and Dietetics: Dr Melinda Hutchesson and Dr Tracy Burrows
Clinical and Experimental Nutrition: Dr Cintia Dias
Physical Activity and Nutrition in Schools: Dr Jordan Smith and Dr Narelle Eather