Become a Member
The Priority Research Centre for Brain and Mental Health welcomes new members.
An individual is able to join the CBMHR through an application to the PRC Executive provided the following criteria are met:
- demonstrated interest in translational neuroscience and mental health research through research activity and/or practice
- willingness to comply with the principles and policies governing the conduct of research at the University of Newcastle
- willingness to have their research outputs attributed to the CBMHR
PRC funding/access to resources
CBMHR funding is disbursed via internal grant rounds, with applications evaluated by the Centre Management Committee and nominated hub representatives (including ECR representatives).
The ability of a PRC member to receive PRC funds, or to access PRC resources requires that:
- the research be aligned with one or more of the Centre's hubs,
- the researcher supports the PRC KPIs of enhancing peer reviewed publications, PhD completions, establishment of research fellowships, and/or successful competitive grants
- the research be evaluated by the Centre Management Committee
- the researcher be aligned with the HMRI Brain and Mental Health Program as their primary research program
The ability of a member to receive PRC funds, or to access PRC resources is not defined or constrained by the organisational unit, professional discipline or field of research to which they belong.
How to apply for membership
If you are interested in applying for membership, please contact Angela Hawke for further information