ACSRC Research Highlights 2009
Prof Vijay Varadharajan has been involved in the following:
- Member of the peak IT Security Advisory Group (ITSEAG) to the Minister and Dept of Broadband, Communications and Digital Economy, Australian Government during 2009. The role of this Group is to provide advice to the Government in terms of strategies and priorities for IT Security.
- Submission on Cyber Crime Enquiry to Australian Government House of Representatives Committee on Communications. Submitted a Report on behalf of Macquarie University. Appeared in front of the Parliamentary Committee in Oct 2009.
- Chair of E-Security Taskforce. In Oct 2009, the Taskforce produced a Report on Technical Observations on Internet Filtering. This Report was submitted to the Minister of Communications and Dept BCDE in Oct 2009. This Report was announced in several media such as Financial Review, Computer World, IT Wire, ARN, CRN and ZDNet.
International Telecommunications Union (ITU), United Nations
- Meeting with the Secretary General of the International Telecommunications Union, United Nations, United Nations to discuss the Global Cyber Security Agenda, July 2009
E-Science Institute, Edinburgh University
- Visited E-Science Institute (eSI) Edinburgh University, and spent 4 weeks in May and June 2009, where Prof. Varadharajan was involved in research in Security and Trust in E-Science.
Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany Collaboration
Strategic Research Collaboration with Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany on Trusted Sensor Networks and Applications with Professor Sadeghi and his team. As part of this research, a research student Steffen Schultz has just started at INSS@MQ and will be spending up to 2 years with the INSS research group.
INCO- TRUST EU Project
Member of the international collaborative team on the EU's 7th Framework INCO TRUST Project in the area of ICT Trust, Security and Dependability. Visit from EU in May 2009 to INSS@MQ.
Keynote Speeches by Prof Vijay Varadharajan
- Keynote Speech at the ACM International Conference on Security of Information and Networks (SIN 2009), Oct 2009.
- Keynote Speech at the International Conference on Network and System Security (NSS 2009), Oct 2009.
Program Chair/General Chair of International Conferences
- Program Co-Chair for the ACM AsiaCCS Computer and Communication Security International Conference in Mar 2009 in Australia.
- Program Co-Chair of the IFIP SEC 2010 International Conference.
- General Co-Chair of IEEE International Symposium on UbiSafe Computing (UbiSafe-09), Dec 2009.
ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS 2009)
- Hosted by Macquarie University and University of Wollongong, Australia, AsiaCCS 2009 will be held 17 - 19 March 2009, Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour, Sydney, Australia. [For more information...](conferences link)