Young Sustainability Innovators Challenge 2018
With the theme: Sustainable Society, UON Singapore organised a Young Sustainability Innovators Challenge (YSIC) targeting pre-university students from Junior Colleges, Institute of Technical Education, Polytechnics, International Schools and Private Education Institutions in Singapore.
The main objective of this challenge is to kindle the idea of developing a sustainable society among the younger generation by encouraging the creation of products and/or services that are significant and innovative. At the same time, influence a sustainable and scalable technological and social impact in Singapore.
The Challenge has garnered 18 teams with 61 participants from ITE College East, Republic Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic and Temasek Polytechnic who competed in project exhibitions, final judging and awards presentation on 01 December 2018. Five distinguished members of the judging panel for the competition who are influential members of the industry deliberated, and the ‘3s Mobility Aid’ project emerged as Champion, consisting of two young and enthusiastic students from ITE College East.
Congratulations to all teams for the hard work they have put into the competition!
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats
- Graduates mark 30 years of excellence on the coast