Co-Director awarded research grant to investigate belonging in Higher Education
A CEEHE research team led by Co-Director Professor Penny Jane Burke was recently awarded competitive research funding from the National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education (NCSEHE) as part of their 2015 Student Equity in Higher Education Research Grants Program.
One of twelve projects funded by the NCSEHE, Capability, Belonging and Equity in Higher Education: Developing Inclusive Approaches builds on the approach of two recent UK projects led by Professor Burke and data from a CEEHE-funded pilot study conducted at UON in 2014.
The 2015 project aims to understand the ways in which 'capability' is constructed by staff and students.
Outcomes of the project will include the development of state-of-the-art resources designed to support academic staff and equity practitioners in developing inclusive approaches.
- Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education
- Phone: 4921 6817
- Home grown Historical Encounters journal achieves Q1 ranking
- Major Grant Success and Inter-Faculty and Disciplinary Collaboration
- Major research grant supports new open scholarship initiative
- Solving social work student placement challenges during COVID-19
- Study links teacher development program to increase in student achievement