Important funding secured
ACRCCI has won Group Mission funding from the Federal Government Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE) in June 2012.
Building on existing achievements of ACRCCI, the Group Mission award aims to enhance the research capability of the Centre by supporting the Director, Dr Ruan, to lead a group of Centre members of the Australian arm, Drs Grof, Higgins, Patrick, Tyerman and Wang to travel to China to develop new strategic collaborations.
The Group Mission will organize, in partnership with the Centre's Chinese institutes, the 1st Australia-China Symposium on Crop Science, focused on food security and stress tolerance in Hangzhou, 21-22 January 2013, chaired by Yong-Ling Ruan (University of Newcastle), and co-chaired by Xiao-Ya Chen (Chinese Academy of Science, CAS) and Jian-Ping Chen (Zhejiang Academy of Agricultural Science).
The Mission will also undertake in-depth discussions with plant scientists in CAS (Shanghai) and Nanjing Agricultural University (Nanjing), thereby enhancing the potential for rich collaboration.
- Associate Professor Yong-Ling Ruan
- Phone: 02 4921 7958
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers