Top in state for social equity
I am delighted to share with you that the Good Universities Guide 2019, released this week, has given the University of Newcastle five stars for overall student experience and has placed us as the number one university in NSW for social equity.
The Good Universities Guide rates the performance of Australian universities on a broad range of indicators and examines the educational experiences and outcomes of graduates.
This 2019 result is testament to the efforts of academic, teaching and professional staff across our institution and I’d like to thank you for your contribution to this result.
As you know, UON is committed to providing access to higher education for talented students from all walks of life. We are a sector leader in terms of the proportion of students from non-traditional backgrounds enrolled in our degrees, so this result is even further evidence of our dedication to supporting motivated and talented students regardless of their pathway to university.
I very much hope you share the pride our students, alumni and community feel to be part of a great university offering a quality experience for all.
Associate Professor Kevin Hall
Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor and Vice President - Global Engagement and Partnerships
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers