Breaking News: Same-Sex Marriage Survey Outcome
The Australian Bureau of Statistics reported today that over 60% of Australians who participated in the national postal survey on the legalisation of same-sex marriage responded ‘Yes’ to the question of whether the law should be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry.
At UON we have championed equity and social justice since our foundation and while today’s outcome is only the first step in the journey toward marriage equality, it is great to be able to take a moment to celebrate this first step with our LGBTQI staff and students.
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers