UON supports the Smith Family Christmas Appeal
It's the time of year for giving, and in lieu of printing Christmas cards in 2013, the University of Newcastle will use these funds to support the Smith Family Christmas Appeal
The Smith Family supports children from low socio-economic backgrounds to participate in education, providing the best chance possible to break out of the cycle of disadvantage. Our donation to the Christmas Appeal will go towards a range of learning and mentoring programs to help children develop academic skills, and provide support and advice about future work, study and career aspirations.
More reasons to be proud of our University
2013 has been a year of many outstanding achievements for our University. We have so much to be proud of – our staff and students, researchers, teachers, our position in the World University rankings and the launch of NewSpace are just a few. View some of the great research highlights of the year in the video below and meet our UON global leaders.
Once again the University of Newcastle is supporting gifted students facing hardship to achieve their dreams regardless of their background or experiences. If you'd like to help give the gift of education, click here
The University will be closing over the Christmas/New Year period from Monday 23 December and re-opening on Monday 6 January.
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success