UON innovation and development grants
The University of Newcastle (UON) has achieved success in the latest round of Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT) funding for innovation and development projects.
A total of seven Innovation and Development grants were awarded nationally, with UON receiving one of these as a lead institution and as a partner in three others.
The University of Newcastle's Dr Ning Gu leads a team of Dr Juhyun Lee, Professor Michael Ostwald and Professor Mark Taylor to develop pedagological solutions to linguistic and cultural barriers in design education to support Asian architecture students. This project is partnered with Deakin University, Queensland University of Technology and RMIT University.
University of Newcastle researchers working in partnership with other institutions are:
- Professor SueAnne Ware is working with lead institution RMIT University on Design and architectural practice research in contemporary PhD.
- Professor Tracy Levett-Jones is working on a project led by Central Queensland University preparing undergraduate nurses for the workforce in the context of patient safety through innovative stimulation.
- Associate Professor Maree Gruppetta and Associate Professor Josephine May are working with lead institution Central Queensland University to address the gap between policy and implementation with strategies for improving educational outcomes of Indigenous students.
The University of Newcastle's Professor Peter Davis leads a team of Dr Dennis Rose, Dr Jason von Meding and Associate Professor Willy Sher on Building Resilience: developing a resilience toolkit for employability in built environment graduates.
UON's Dr Bronwyn Relf leads a team including Dr Barry Hodges and Associate Professor Mahsood Shah, articulating curriculum design principles for open access enabling programs.
- Dr. S A Hamed Hosseini publishes The Routledge Handbook of Transformative Global Studies
- The Role of Cooperatives in Sustainable Development in Asia-Pacific Countries
- Cooperatives in Development – People-centred Businesses in Action
- Academics Invited to Advisory Board of Food Next Door Co-operative
- Tailored support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander fathers to quit smoking and improve family health