University of Newcastle design students win big at national awards
University of Newcastle students have been recognised nationally for their brilliant graphic design skills, taking out more wins than ever before in the national AGDA 2020 Design Awards.
The AGDA Design Awards recognise the best work in Australia across a wide range of disciplines every year and this year the University of Newcastle had 12 finalists which resulted in a judge’s choice award, three Distinction wins and three Merit wins.
The following students were recognised for their work:
AGDA Awards 2020:
Samuel Jeffress, Eden Wilson, Lachlan Golledge – Merit for their work with the Newcastle International Animation Festival
Lachlan Golledge – Distinction for his work Sona Studio
Lachlan Golledge - Merit for his work DesignPool
Samuel Jeffress, Eden Wilson – Merit Award for their work Newcastle International Animation Festival Illustration
- Upskill and prepare for your career with micro-credentials from AWS Educate
- Nominations for the 2021 Employability Excellence Awards are now open!
- World-first needle-free diabetes test
- Cancer research gets $7 million boost in NSW regions
- Hunter people to benefit from local research into dementia tests and treatments
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.