Rise to the top – alumnus joins the Academy
University of Newcastle alumnus, Yasser Hamed, has risen to the top of his field in film animation, joining the prestigious Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science is a professional honorary organisation aimed at advancing the arts and science of motion pictures. Known for its annual Academy Awards – “The Oscars”, membership is exclusive to qualified filmmakers around the world by invitation only.
Blending art with science, the mechanical engineering graduate has forged a successful career as a senior creative at Walt Disney Animation Studio in Los Angeles.
Since graduating from the University, Mr Hamed has worked on a number of Academy-nominated films including Wreck It Ralph and Moana.
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap