Visiting researcher Dr Jane Wilkinson will speak at our Central Coast campus on feminist practice and scholarship in educational leadership and issues of diversity within school and academic leadership.
Jane is currently one of four Chief Investigators of an Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Grant (2010-2012) examining the interconnection between educational leadership, professional development and the impact on classroom practices and students' academic and social practices.
She is co-author (with Tanya Fitzgerald) of Travelling towards a Mirage? Gender, Leadership, and Higher Education (2010), which examines equity and equality practices and policies in Australian and New Zealand universities and the impact these have had on the participation of women as leaders and managers in higher education.
Dr Jane Wilkinson is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Education at Charles Sturt University and has held visiting positions at the University of Gothenburg and the University of Tromso.
VENUE: Central Coast Campus, Ourimbah, Lecture Theatre O_LT1
DATE AND TIME: Tuesday 8 October 2013, 5 – 7pm
ENQUIRIES: Lyn Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This event is free and open to the public.
- Sheena Martin
- Phone: +61 2 4921 8714
- New funding will see University of Newcastle students study across Indo-Pacific region
- Estimating calorie content not clear-cut for all
- Cloud Immersion Day to unlock innovative use of the technology in the higher education sector
- The principles underpinning three decades of teaching
- Renewables switch wins Clever Campus award