Proud supporter of special Olympics
UON is a proud supporter of the upcoming Special Olympics 2013 Asia Pacific Games, which promises to both impress and inspire communities across the Hunter region and the world from Sunday 1 December.
The Opening Ceremony at the Hunter Stadium will kick off the event in spectacular style with performances by some of Australia's leading names, including our amazing chamber choir Echology, and will be supported by more than 2,000 local dancers, singers and artists.
- Opening Ceremony Hunter Stadium
- 7pm, Sunday 1 December 2013
- Tickets are available from $11
Athletes from 32 Asia Pacific nations will participate in the Games, which will run for five days at venues across Newcastle. Entry to the Olympic sporting events are free.
Other ways you can show your support for the Special Olympics 2013 Asia Pacific Games include:
- Buy tickets to the Opening Ceremony as an early Christmas present
- Purchase official Games apparel
- Buy and sell collectable Pins for the Games
To find out more about the Special Olympics 2013 Asia Pacific Games visit: http://specialolympicsasiapacgames2013.com/en
This is a terrific event where we can demonstrate the tremendous spirit of the Hunter region. I encourage you, along with your family and friends, to throw your support behind the Opening Ceremony and the Special Olympics 2013 Asia Pacific Games.
Professor Caroline McMillen,
Vice-Chancellor and President, University of Newcastle
- University of Newcastle partner with MineSensor to save the Mining Industry Millions
- City supports accredited training for COVID-19 affected workers
- New book Youth Sociology helps understand youth pressures of today
- NSW Health COVID-19 clinic at Callaghan campus
- NHMRC funding set to address inequity faced by people with mental health conditions