Professor Ajayan Vinu elected Fellow of the World Academy of Art and Science
Professor Ajayan Vinu of the University of Newcastle’s School of Engineering, has been elected Fellow of the World Academy of Art and Science (WAAS).
Professor Vinu joins an international network of approximately 730 fellows from more than 80 countries who endeavour to discuss and address global issues, independent of political constraints, to serve in the interests of humankind and universal rights.
Election to the WAAS is determined by existing members and considered one of the highest honours that can be accorded to a scientist.
Australia’s leading nanotechnologist, Professor Vinu is the Global Innovation Chair Professor for Advanced Nanomaterials and the Inaugural Director of the Global Innovative Centre for Advanced Nanomaterials at the University of Newcastle. Professor Vinu is leading the charge in translating basic materials research into real-world products.
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap