Postgraduate research excellence honoured at FEBE
Up to sixteen prizes for postgraduate research excellence will be awarded to research higher degree students in the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment (FEBE).
The awards are judged on the basis of a poster presentation that took place on Wednesday, 21st September in The Brennan Room on Callaghan Campus.
A diverse range of research was highlighted in the following categories:
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Electrical, Computer and Telecom Engineering
- Environmental Engineering and Surveying
- Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering.
Up to two awards will be granted in each of the categories, with the prize of $500 and a certificate being awarded at the Newcastle University Postgraduate Students’ Association (NUPSA) Annual Dinner.
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers