Our thoughts are with the Nepalese community
We have witnessed with great sympathy and sadness the aftermath of the earthquake that struck Nepal recently.
The scenes of devastation are shocking, and our thoughts are with the Nepalese people, our Nepalese alumni, staff and students, and all those affected by the disaster that has caused such devastation.
Across the University and our regions, there will have been many lives touched by this disaster, and many more people wanting to reach out to show solidarity and support. We have informed our community about the charitable appeals underway, and encouraged people across the University and our regions to donate towards the rescue and recovery operation.
At this very difficult time, I extend my sincere condolences, and those of the whole University of Newcastle, to the members of our Nepalese community that have been affected by this tragedy.
For members of our UON community who wish to donate to the response appeal, please visit this page for a list of aid agencies that are helping with disaster relief and humanitarian support.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness