The University has appointed Mark Pigot as its new Chief Information Officer. He began on Tuesday 25 June 2013.
Mr Pigot was formerly the University of Sydney's Director of ICT Infrastructure and Operations.
Mr Pigot joined the University of Sydney in 2008 as the Director of Service Management.
"Mr Pigot will bring skills and experiences across all aspects of IT including infrastructure, applications, client services and governance to the new Chief Information Officer role," said University of Newcastle Chief Operating Officer, Nat McGregor.
"His professional experience extends to multinational organisations, including working with Reckitt and Colman, where he developed the global IT infrastructure strategy. Also with AMP, he was responsible for developing the organisation's first integrated IT risk management strategy. We look forward to the improvements he will bring to the University of Newcastle."
Mark started his career in financial services where he worked with some of Australia's largest providers including the Commonwealth Bank and EDS. He has since had more than two decades in the IT sector.
- For interviews with Mr Mark Pigot, or for more information, contact Nicole Guyder, Media and Public Relations
- Phone: +61 2 4921 8714
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap