The University has appointed Mark Pigot as its new Chief Information Officer. He began on Tuesday 25 June 2013.
Mr Pigot was formerly the University of Sydney's Director of ICT Infrastructure and Operations.
Mr Pigot joined the University of Sydney in 2008 as the Director of Service Management.
"Mr Pigot will bring skills and experiences across all aspects of IT including infrastructure, applications, client services and governance to the new Chief Information Officer role," said University of Newcastle Chief Operating Officer, Nat McGregor.
"His professional experience extends to multinational organisations, including working with Reckitt and Colman, where he developed the global IT infrastructure strategy. Also with AMP, he was responsible for developing the organisation's first integrated IT risk management strategy. We look forward to the improvements he will bring to the University of Newcastle."
Mark started his career in financial services where he worked with some of Australia's largest providers including the Commonwealth Bank and EDS. He has since had more than two decades in the IT sector.
- For interviews with Mr Mark Pigot, or for more information, contact Nicole Guyder, Media and Public Relations
- Phone: +61 2 4921 8714
- New funding will see University of Newcastle students study across Indo-Pacific region
- Estimating calorie content not clear-cut for all
- Cloud Immersion Day to unlock innovative use of the technology in the higher education sector
- The principles underpinning three decades of teaching
- Renewables switch wins Clever Campus award