Medical resource recognised for innovative education delivery
The University of Newcastle’s Laureate Professor Nick Talley and Conjoint Senior Lecturer Dr Simon O’Connor have been recognised for their key work in medical education at the prestigious British Medical Association (BMA) Medical Book Awards 2018.
Taking out first prize in the Medicine category for their title Talley & O’Connor’s Clinical Examination 8th edition, the text has continued to be a highly acclaimed resource for medical students over many years.
Professor Talley and Dr O’Connor were part of 12 impressive finalists spanning the fields of general medicine, alternative medicine, diagnosis, nutrition, palliative care, rehabilitation and health care of the elderly.
The BMA Medical Book Awards promote excellence in medical publishing and seek to demonstrate its importance to medical education and training.
The accolade continues an impressive trajectory for Professor Talley, a global authority on functional gut disorders, who was named Australia’s most cited academic according to Google Scholar in December 2017, and awarded Companion of the Order of Australia earlier in 2018.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness