HMRI Professor Roger Smith is named Member of the Order of Australia
University of Newcastle researcher Professor Roger Smith has been named a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in the 2013 Australia Day Honours list.
Professor Roger Smith is the Co-Director of the University's Priority Research Centre for Reproductive Science and Director of the Mothers and Babies Research Centre. He also leads the Hunter Medical Research Institute's Pregnancy and Reproduction Program.
Professor Smith is an internationally recognised leader in the endocrinology of pre-term labour. He is also a recognised leader in the field of maternal health in Indigenous Australians.
In 2000, HMRI awarded Professor Smith the HMRI Award for Research Excellence and in 2010, he received an Exceptional Service Medal for his ongoing contribution to the organisation.
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap