Ground breaking achievement for local soil researcher
Soil science researcher Professor Nanthi Bolan has been named on the Global Highly Cited Researchers List 2018, just in time for World Soil Day this Wednesday 5 December.
Professor Bolan is one of just three soil scientists from Australia to make the prestigious list, which recognises researchers worldwide who place in the top 1% of their field by citations.
Professor of Environmental Chemistry at the University’s Global Centre for Environmental Remediation, his research explores the management of soil fertility for sustainable agricultural production and environmental protection. Professor Bolan also leads a program aiming to create new products to increase fertility and production for the Cooperative Research Centre for High Performance Soil.
Now in its fifth year, the citation analysis identifies influential researchers as determined by their peers around the globe - those who have consistently won recognition in the form of high citation counts over a decade.
The list of Highly Cited Researchers 2018 is available here.
- University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW join forces for stronger Hunter and Central Coast post-COVID recovery
- Call for Entries: 2020 Karen Thrift Prize for Poetry and Lyrics
- Criminology expert in police accountability comments on George Floyd case
- ‘Felix’ to transform fertility for millions of couples worldwide
- Major funding boost to explore the health impacts of recent bushfires