Gender equity at conferences
A recent piece published in Elsevier explored the successful International Colloids Conference in Berlin. What was notable about this conference was that it contained the perfect gender balance in both keynote and invited speakers.
While this is an ideal that many strive to attain, many believe it's just too difficult to even attempt. However, the author and conference organiser, Professor Julian Eastoe, explains how the event was conceived, and successfully organised.
A number of speakers at the conference were asked to share their experience of this breakthrough conference. UON’s Professor Erica Wanless said that it was the “most respected I have ever felt for my research at an international conference…”
Read the full article here.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness