Frozen creator to visit UON
Frozen creator Chris Buck makes an epic journey to UON to share the secrets of innovative creativity.
Chris Buck, the Academy Award winning animator, screenwriter and director of Frozen will make an exclusive appearance at the University of Newcastle at the end of April.
University of Newcastle Director of Creative Innovation, Jeff Julian says that Buck's visit is another major step in restructuring the entire creative industry locally. Newcastle is redefining itself: moving from a coal and industrial city to a University and cultural hub.
About Chris Buck
Watching Disney's Pinoccio as a child, Buck was inspired to explore animation. In 1978 Buck joined Disney as a character animator. Working on classics such as Tarzan and Pocohontas, Buck's work stretched from animator, to screenwriter to director.
In 2008 Buck returned to Disney after a stint at Sony, and as part of his pitch, Buck suggested an animated musical feature based on The Snow Queen. And thus Frozen was born.
Chris Buck will be speaking at an innovative session at UON in late April, inspiring our students, staff and the community. This event is exclusive to UON's Newcastle campus.
With the news that Frozen 2 is set for release in 2018, Buck's Newcastle talk will be hotly anticipated.
Stay tuned for more details.
- Media and Public Relations
- Phone: 02 4921 5577
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities