Excellence in chemical engineering solutions
Professor Behdad Moghtaderi has been recognised for the application of ingenuity and technical knowledge in developing practical solutions to industry problems or opportunities; receiving the prestigious ExxonMobil Award of Excellence in Chemical Engineering.
The 2018 ExxonMobile Award recognises Prof Moghtaderi’s contribution to minimisation and abatement of fugitive methane emissions from mining operations and more specifically for his leading role in the establishment of the world's first large-scale testing facility for the assessment of ventilation air methane (VAM) abatement systems at the Londonderry TestSafe facility.
The Award was presented to Prof Moghtaderi at the Chemeca 2018 Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand during the Conference and Awards of Excellence Dinner on Tuesday, 2 October.
- University microplastics research in the United Nations spotlight
- University of Newcastle secures over $6 million in ARC funding
- Pop-up legal clinic returns to support the Newcastle community
- New University-designed cultural facility to put Lake Macquarie on the MAP
- University of Newcastle VC Professor Alex Zelinsky formally takes over the reins as Chair of NUW Alliance