Excellence in chemical engineering solutions
Professor Behdad Moghtaderi has been recognised for the application of ingenuity and technical knowledge in developing practical solutions to industry problems or opportunities; receiving the prestigious ExxonMobil Award of Excellence in Chemical Engineering.
The 2018 ExxonMobile Award recognises Prof Moghtaderi’s contribution to minimisation and abatement of fugitive methane emissions from mining operations and more specifically for his leading role in the establishment of the world's first large-scale testing facility for the assessment of ventilation air methane (VAM) abatement systems at the Londonderry TestSafe facility.
The Award was presented to Prof Moghtaderi at the Chemeca 2018 Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand during the Conference and Awards of Excellence Dinner on Tuesday, 2 October.
- Peer Mentor applications for 2022 now open!
- Forever Country: Writing a new history of Australia inspired by artefacts at the National Museum of Australia
- Enterprise Bargaining update 12 October 2021
- The University's Inaugural Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee has been announced!
- Women in Research Fellows 2022
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.