Excellence in chemical engineering solutions
Professor Behdad Moghtaderi has been recognised for the application of ingenuity and technical knowledge in developing practical solutions to industry problems or opportunities; receiving the prestigious ExxonMobil Award of Excellence in Chemical Engineering.
The 2018 ExxonMobile Award recognises Prof Moghtaderi’s contribution to minimisation and abatement of fugitive methane emissions from mining operations and more specifically for his leading role in the establishment of the world's first large-scale testing facility for the assessment of ventilation air methane (VAM) abatement systems at the Londonderry TestSafe facility.
The Award was presented to Prof Moghtaderi at the Chemeca 2018 Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand during the Conference and Awards of Excellence Dinner on Tuesday, 2 October.
- University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW join forces for stronger Hunter and Central Coast post-COVID recovery
- Call for Entries: 2020 Karen Thrift Prize for Poetry and Lyrics
- Criminology expert in police accountability comments on George Floyd case
- ‘Felix’ to transform fertility for millions of couples worldwide
- Major funding boost to explore the health impacts of recent bushfires