Excellence in chemical engineering solutions
Professor Behdad Moghtaderi has been recognised for the application of ingenuity and technical knowledge in developing practical solutions to industry problems or opportunities; receiving the prestigious ExxonMobil Award of Excellence in Chemical Engineering.
The 2018 ExxonMobile Award recognises Prof Moghtaderi’s contribution to minimisation and abatement of fugitive methane emissions from mining operations and more specifically for his leading role in the establishment of the world's first large-scale testing facility for the assessment of ventilation air methane (VAM) abatement systems at the Londonderry TestSafe facility.
The Award was presented to Prof Moghtaderi at the Chemeca 2018 Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand during the Conference and Awards of Excellence Dinner on Tuesday, 2 October.
- Upskill and prepare for your career with micro-credentials from AWS Educate
- Nominations for the 2021 Employability Excellence Awards are now open!
- World-first needle-free diabetes test
- Cancer research gets $7 million boost in NSW regions
- Hunter people to benefit from local research into dementia tests and treatments
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.