Update on Chancellorship
The University of Newcastle announced today that Mr Paul Jeans has been reappointed as Chancellor, following the decision of the Hon. Mark Vaile not to proceed with his appointment.
This decision was made by the members of the University Council at a meeting today.
Commenting on his reappointment, Mr Jeans said, “I am committed to leading the University of Newcastle to ensure continuity and to maintain the strong momentum in the execution of our strategic plan 'Looking Ahead'. I look forward to working with our communities, in particular our staff and students, to take our University forward.”
- Upskill and prepare for your career with micro-credentials from AWS Educate
- Nominations for the 2021 Employability Excellence Awards are now open!
- World-first needle-free diabetes test
- Cancer research gets $7 million boost in NSW regions
- Hunter people to benefit from local research into dementia tests and treatments
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.