Celebrating student excellence on the coast
The University of Newcastle (UON) and TAFE NSW will present more than 70 scholarships and awards to students from the Central Coast at a prestigious awards ceremony tonight.
The ceremony, which will be held at UON's Ourimbah campus, will be attended by more than 150 business, industry, community and education representatives.
The awards, prizes and scholarships seek to recognise and reward academic excellence and provide support to ensure students are able to advance their education.
The generosity of a number of individuals, businesses and community organisations assists UON and the Hunter TAFE Foundation to provide opportunities for students with the ability and determination to enter and succeed in tertiary education regardless of their background.
Special guests will include The University of Newcastle Vice Chancellor, Professor Caroline McMillen, TAFE NSW Regional General Manager North, Elizabeth McGregor, Ms Bronwyn Chambers, Elder in Residence at The University of Newcastle, and guest speaker TAFE NSW Alumni and University of Newcastle student Rebecca Bennett.
Congratulations to all recipients!
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities