NeW Space is a $95 million landmark education precinct under development by the University of Newcastle in the heart of Newcastle's CBD. NeW Space will harness the latest in technology and innovation in teaching and learning to deliver a world-class student experience by engaging students in new and exciting ways.
The University of Newcastle took responsibility for the NeW Space site on Friday 11 October 2013 following the exchange of contracts on 27 September 2013.
APP will manage the project and are beginning the planning and scoping of the building. The start of construction for the main building is expected to be more than a year away with early works planned to commence in mid 2014. Construction is expected to be completed in time for the commencement of the 2017 academic year.
NeW Space will provide a unique platform for our staff to develop and test innovative ideas using new and emerging technologies. It will will be a resource for the whole University community, across different disciplinary and knowledge fields
The 10,800 sqm Precinct will offer University-supported activities across all faculties including:
- business and law programs
- digital library services and information commons
- collaborative learning and research spaces
- work integrated learning
- facilities for industry, professional and community engagement
- social spaces.
Developed as a technology-rich and engaging demonstrator site, NeW Space will allow the University to create and pilot education models and pedagogy.
For interviews with Professor McMillen, please call Kate Robinson on 4921 5061 or 0408 115 467.
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats
- Graduates mark 30 years of excellence on the coast