In their Element: New Colombo Scholars Fly to China for International Chemistry Camp
Congratulations to Bachelor of Mathematics/Bachelor of Science student, Hayden Robertson (pictured middle) and Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) students, Levena Gascoigne (pictured second from left), Anthony Katselas (pictured second from right) and Sophie-Wei Qi (pictured far right) who were recently selected as New Colombo Plan scholarship recipients which will enable them to attend the Future Chemist International Summer Camp hosted by the University of Science and Technology in China (USTC) from July 3rd to 16th.
This exciting opportunity was facilitated by Professor Erica Wanless (pictured far left) from the School of Environmental and Life Sciences, with each scholar receiving $3,000 in funding to cover travel expenses, as well as credit towards their studies through enrolment in the SCIT3600 course. Additionally, the scholars will have the opportunity to collaborate with renowned Chinese and international researchers and students and contribute to a current research project.
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats
- Graduates mark 30 years of excellence on the coast