Special Semester at the Bernoulli Center
The research group around ARC Laureate Fellow George Willis was recently granted a special semester at the Bernoulli Center in Lausanne, Switzerland to take place in the second half of 2020.
The grant includes comprehensive administration support and use of facilities, as well as substantial funds to invite participants to the semester entitled “Locally compact groups acting on discrete structures”.
Locally compact groups are ubiquitous in mathematics and have been the subject of much research and significant progress in recent years.
This semester aims to open and strengthen collaborations between all areas where such groups can be used to make new discoveries or motivate research. Starting with a summer school, the program brings together leading experts in the above fields through a number of workshops in order to improve our understanding of these groups, and to facilitate cross-fertilisation of ideas.
The organising committee of the semester comprises
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness