Tamworth Education Centre now open
Students in the Joint Medical Program will now be able to access a state of the art education facility. The Tamworth Education Centre (TEC) is now operational after five years of planning and significant fundraising.
The $18 million facility will be home to the University of Newcastle Department of Rural Health providing clinical training for allied health, nursing and medical students. It comprises of accommodation for 57 students, lecture theatres and study areas as well as simulation laboratories.
The education center, which was funded by the federal Department of Health and Health Workforce Australia, will complement the university's Department of Rural Health on the grounds of Tamworth hospital.
- Megan Blanch-Smith
- Phone: 02 4921 6924
- University of Newcastle partner with MineSensor to save the Mining Industry Millions
- City supports accredited training for COVID-19 affected workers
- New book Youth Sociology helps understand youth pressures of today
- NSW Health COVID-19 clinic at Callaghan campus
- NHMRC funding set to address inequity faced by people with mental health conditions