Tamworth Education Centre now open
Students in the Joint Medical Program will now be able to access a state of the art education facility. The Tamworth Education Centre (TEC) is now operational after five years of planning and significant fundraising.
The $18 million facility will be home to the University of Newcastle Department of Rural Health providing clinical training for allied health, nursing and medical students. It comprises of accommodation for 57 students, lecture theatres and study areas as well as simulation laboratories.
The education center, which was funded by the federal Department of Health and Health Workforce Australia, will complement the university's Department of Rural Health on the grounds of Tamworth hospital.
- Megan Blanch-Smith
- Phone: 02 4921 6924
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities