Google partnership programming the Challenge into the future!
The Challenge is pleased to announce a continuing partnership with Google (Sydney) that will bring them further into the Computer Science space! Google has generously donated ten EV3 robot kits, laptops and carry cases, as well some initial training for the team by Sally-Ann Williams and Marie Efstathiou.
As a result of this partnership, The Science and Engineering Challenge (SEC) and SMART program are producing teacher professional development workshops and student workshops on robotics and coding.
SMART is hosting the first of these programs, a two day workshop on the 5th and 6th of July at the University of Newcastle. This coding and computer science holiday workshop will allow students aged 10-14 learn the science of coding, design their own app, experience a SMARTbots science show and have a University campus experience. The SMART program will also be hosting school holiday workshops in local libraries.
The Science and Engineering Challenge is planning to create a teacher professional development course that can be taken on the road to events across Australia. This will complement a new SEC Robots and Programming activity planned for Primary and High School students in 2017.
Watch this space!
- Jessica Kearney
- Phone: +61 2 4921 7967
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness