Associate Professor Temitope Egbelakin awarded DFAT COALAR Funding
A/Prof Temi Egbelakin and her team (Prof SueAnne Ware, Dr Sittimont Kanjanabootra, Dr Sandra Carrasco, Dr Olabode Ogunmakinde and Mr Olufisayo Adedokun) have been awarded $31,979 in funding by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade; Council on Australia Latin America Relations (COALAR).
The project, Economic Recovery for Women through Construction Trades and Digital Competencies, support an employment and skills development program for women in Latin American regions in construction trades
The project will develop policy-relevant Toolkit, which offer evidence-based strategies for organisations to increase women workforce participation and would collectively help to attract and retain underutilised female talents, which is linked to higher organisational performance.
- Upskill and prepare for your career with micro-credentials from AWS Educate
- Nominations for the 2021 Employability Excellence Awards are now open!
- World-first needle-free diabetes test
- Cancer research gets $7 million boost in NSW regions
- Hunter people to benefit from local research into dementia tests and treatments
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.