Sexual Harms and Medical Encounters project post-doc available
The Sexual Harms and Medical Encounters Project with Birkbeck University of London has a postdoctoral research position available.
This project, led by Professor Joanna Bourke (Global Innovation Chair in the Centre for the Study of Violence, UON) brings together an interdisciplinary team to investigate the medical and psychiatric aspects of sexual violence, including rape and sexual abuse.
Working in close collaboration with the team, the postdoctoral researcher will undertake research on any aspect of sexual violence that involves the medical and/or psychiatric professions. The Fellow’s research should be linked to at least one of five research streams: medicine and the law of sexual violence; the role of medical professionals (including police surgeons, FMEs, nurses, physicians, psychiatrists, forensic scientists, and so on); psychiatric classification systems (sexual violence as conceptualized in psychiatric texts); psychiatric aftermaths of abuse; and child sexual abuse.
Read the position advertisement.
- New book Youth Sociology helps understand youth pressures of today
- NSW Health COVID-19 clinic at Callaghan campus
- NHMRC funding set to address inequity faced by people with mental health conditions
- Heritage home transformation wins coveted architecture award
- Dr. S A Hamed Hosseini publishes The Routledge Handbook of Transformative Global Studies