Linguistics, Education and Sociology star in the QS World Rankings
If you want to be at the forefront of linguistics study and research in Australia, the University of Newcastle is the place to be.
But the accolades don't stop there. The University's education and sociology disciplines also ranked amongst the world's best: education is ranked 127th in the world and sociology stands well within the top 200 at 179th.
The Faculty of Education and Arts at the University of Newcastle gives students the opportunity to learn from world-class teachers and researchers who use innovative methods to engage with the content and to pass on their extensive knowledge and expertise.
For example, researchers from our Endangered Languages Documentation, Theory and Application research program are continually venturing to all corners of the planet to document and preserve languages that are facing extinction. They then bring that knowledge back to share with peers, colleagues and students at the University.
School of Humanities and Social Science PhD candidate Stephen Logan recently spent a life changing six months in Boganville making audio and video recordings of the local language and will use this as the basis for his PhD.
Read more about Stephen Logan's experience documenting endangered languages.
- Ensuring inclusivity of every student
- Indigenous medical students admitted through innovative program
- Encouragement for dads from their unborn child
- International audience for Dr Marcus Rodrigs and his teaching methods
- University of Newcastle signs MoU with international pathway provider Kaplan Higher Education Pty Limited